Error 6123 0 in QuickBooks is an error that usually happens when you are accessing QuickBooks company files in a multi-user mode. The main reason behind the occurrence of this error is that the connection has been cut off while opening the QB organization document. There are three situations in which you face QuickBooks error 6123 0 that are as follows:
- First, while upgrading your QB organization document.
- When you are restoring your organization document.
- Or when you are again saving the backup on a new system.
In this blog, you will get all the steps that are important to resolve error 6123 0 in QuickBooks. If you do not have enough time to solve this error, then feel free to dial our QuickBooks Phone Number. Our highly-qualified experts are available 24/7 to provide support to you. So, they will guide you with the best and instant solutions to fix this connection error.
Conditions Responsible For Error 6123 0 In QuickBooks
However, there are many conditions that give rise to error 6123 0 in QuickBooks. Here is a list of all the possible reasons that generate this error such as:
- First of all, there are improper firewall settings.
- Attempting to again store a backup from a removable storage device.
- Broken QB program documents.
- Maybe you are accessing organization documents on a newer version of QB.
- Damaged network associated with the host PC.
- QB accounting software has been infected by malicious programs.
- Several instances of QB services are executing simultaneously.
Whenever you are facing these conditions, it simply indicates that you are facing the connection error like Error 6123 0 in QuickBooks. But don’t worry, follow the steps given below and fix this error within a few minutes. And get back to your normal work on your bookkeeping software.
3 Ways To Fix Error 6123 0 In QuickBooks
As from the above-listed statements, it is clear that you may face error 6123 0 in QuickBooks in 3 scenarios. Below are the three situations and resolutions to fix this error in these situations. They are as follows:
Condition-1: While upgrading your organization documents
1. Erase special characters from the file name
- Ensure that the organization file name should be 30 characters or less than 30 characters.
- Verify that the organization file name doesn’t have any special characters or spaces.
2. Download QB tool hub
- Firstly, you should close the QB.
- Then download the QB tool hub file.
- Save the organization file where you can easily search it.
- After that, try to access the downloaded file.
- Now, implement all the instructions given on the screen.
- Agree to the terms and conditions to install the QB tool hub.
- When the installation completes, then double-click on the QB tool hub to open it.
3. Execute QuickFix my program
- First, from the QB tools hub, choose Program Problems option.
- Now, choose QuickFix for my Program.
- Usually, it will take about 1 minute to execute.
- If you have several installed versions of QB, it can take a longer time.
- You should wait until the progress bar is completed.
- When QuickFix my Program is over, access QB.
4. Implement QB file doctor
- First, under the tools bub, click on Company File Issues.
- Choose Implement QuickBooks File Doctor.
- When it opens, select your company file from the menu.
- If you don’t find it, then click on Browse to find your file.
- After that select check your file and then click on Continue.
- Type your QB admin password, then choose Continue.
- QB File Doctor will start repairing your file.
- When the repair is over, choose your organization from the list.
- Now open QB.
Condition-2: While restoring your organization document
1. Wipeout special characters from the document name
2. Backup your organization document
- Shift the backup file to your local hard drive.
- Don’t open them from a removable storage drive.
- From the File menu, select Open or Restore Organization.
- Click on Restore a backup copy >> Local Backup.
- Search on your PC for your backup organization document.
- Next, choose a folder to save your restored organization document.
- Then open it.
- When you’re ready, click on Save.
Condition-3: Restoring a backup on a new system
- Firstly, you should open a QB Desktop on the same system you used to produce the backup organization document.
- Open your original organization document, not the backup.
- Then produce a portable copy of your document.
- Now open QuickBooks Desktop on the new computer.
- Again store your organization document using the portable copy instead of the backup.
In the end
At last, we can say that error 6123 0 in QuickBooks is an error that you may face while upgrading, restoring your organization document. This error can also occur while restoring the backup on a new system. Follow the above instant fixes according to the conditions you are encountering QuickBooks error 6123 0. These steps will help you to overcome this error. For more information, dial our QuickBooks Online Phone Number.