QuickBooks is an amazing accounting software that is used by small and mid-sized companies in order to handle taxes. However, if you are a QuickBooks user, it might be possible that you may face the QB error code 80029c4a. This error appears when you try to launch QB. QB error code 80029c4a generally occurs when DLL (Dynamic Link Library) cannot be loaded. This error happens when an antivirus software confuses the company files as suspects and clears them from the program. It also displays an error message like:
“Issue: There was an unexpected error reported when trying to run QB with a company file”.
“QB Error Code 80029c4a: Error loading type library / DLL”.
If you need any assistance regarding this error, then you can contact our QuickBooks Support experts.
How It Occurs?
Although there are many reasons behind QB error code 80029c4a, some of the possible reasons behind the occurrence of this error are as follows:
- First, there might be a corrupted system file.
- QB installation is not done in the correct way.
- Windows home registry is corrupted.
- QB files might be deleted by the malicious program code.
- Windows system documents corrupted due to viruses or malware.
- The anti-virus program has identified some files as a threat and may also have deleted them in error.
How QB Error Code 80029c4a Affects You?
QB error code 80029c4a affects you in many ways such as:
- First of all, “QB error code 80029c4a” appears on your system screen.
- Suddenly crashed the active program window.
- The program begins to crash at regular intervals.
- Most of the time your system freezes at frequent intervals of time.
- It usually degrades the performance of your system.
- Get a slow response while giving inputs through a mouse or keyboard.
- It also occurs while turning on/off Windows
- QB error 80029c4a generally appears while installing the Windows operating system.
How To Fix QB Error Code 80029c4a?
If you are facing QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a, then there is no need to get worried. You can easily get rid of this error by following these steps such as:
Solution-1: Test your antivirus settings
However, some antivirus programs accidentally block QB from loading the important company files. If any of these programs listed below are seen, then grant them permission to go through your firewall. Some of the programs are as follows:
Important: These files are mostly located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year).
Solution-2: Do a clean installation of QB
Doing a clean installation of QB will refresh the program files causing QB error code 80029c4a and won’t affect your data.
Collect your QB product information
- Firstly, you should download the installer for your QB version.
- Keep your license number ready with you.
- Also, note down your product year and version.
- Firstly, open the Windows Start menu.
- Then search and open the Control Panel.
- Now select Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- From the installed programs, choose your QB version in which you are facing problems.
- Click on Uninstall/Change and then Remove.
- Select the Next option. If you don’t see this option, then sign out and again sign in to Windows as an admin.
If uninstallation is done, then again install QB.
Solution-3: Update QB to the latest release
Before updating QB to the latest release, you should keep several things in your mind. Firstly, you have to verify that you have the latest release version. If you want to ensure which version you are having then you have to follow some steps like:
- Quickly open the QB Desktop.
- Hold Ctrl+1 keys altogether to open the Product Information window.
- Now verify your current QB version and release.
If you have to update QB to the latest release, then follow these steps like:
- First, close your company files and QB.
- Second, open the Start menu.
- Then right-click on the QB icon and select Run as administrator.
- Now, go to the Help menu and choose Update QB.
- From the Options tab, Select Mark All and then click Save.
- Under Update Now tab click on the Reset Update checkbox.
- Choose to Get Updates.
- When the update completes, close and again open QB.
- To install the updates, click on the Yes option.
- When the install finishes, restart your system.
Solution-4: Repair QB
- First of all, close QB.
- Now open the Control panel.
- Choose the Uninstall program.
- Select QB in the list of programs
- Click on the Uninstall option.
- Then select Next.
- After that, click on the Repair radio button and choose Next.
- Now select Finish, when the repair process completes.
- Then reboot the system.
- Again open QB.
Solution-5: Execute Reboot.bat file
- Close QB desktop
- Choose the folder with the Reboot.bat file.
- Now select properties by clicking the QB icon.
- Then click on the open file location.
- Select Run as Administrator by right click on the reboot.bat file.
- Ensure that you run reboot.bat file as the windows administrator.
- This window will close when the reboot file has completed.
- Restart your system.
Solution-6: Run system file checker
- First, click on the Start menu.
- Then, enter the command in the search box.
- Now click and hold CTRL+SHIFT and press Enter.
- You will be notified with a permission dialog box.
- Click on the Yes option.
- A black box will appear with a blinking cursor.
- Select SFC/ scan now and then click Enter.
- The scan will take some time, as the system file checker will start scanning.
- Follow all the onscreen instructions carefully.
In The End
Although QB error code 80029c4a is an error that occurs when Dynamic Link Library is not loaded. It also appears due to missing or corrupted system files. If you follow the above solutions, then you can fix the QB error code 80029c4a in just a few minutes. However, if you are facing this error then don’t panic. Just dial our QuickBooks Phone Number at any time.