Today’s era is known as the technological era. Nowadays, we are totally dependent on technology. Although it is quite common that you may face some technical problems in the software due to which you cannot do your work. One such error is the QuickBooks Abort Error. It is generally a connection error that happens when there are some modifications in the software. Due to this abort error, the QB users are not able to access or start the organization document. When the QuickBooks abort error occurs, your PC shuts down immediately. Now you have to again start your PC. When this error has been fixed, then you may get back to your normal work. If you want any guidance to instantly fix this error, then you may dial our QuickBooks Online Phone Number. Our experts will guide you with quick solutions without wasting your precious time.
What Message Pops Up On The Screen?
When QB abort error occurs, there is a message displayed on the screen such as
Error: “There is an issue with the connection”. Connection Lost.
“QuickBooks Abort Error”.
What Are The Reasons Behind QuickBooks Abort Error?
There are several reasons behind the QuickBooks Abort Error. They are as follows:
- First, QBWUSER.INI files may be broken down.
- There might be hardware issues.
- Corrupt Windows.
- When there are conflicts between firewall and QB. Thus, you have to suspend your current activity.
- QB different versions configurations conflict within a multi-user mode.
- Numerous PC hosting the QB organization document.
- Power saving mode is turned on while the PC is saving the organization documents.
- A disturbance between the data transfer and the devices saving the files.
- The connection error is not stable.
What Are The Impacts Of QuickBooks Abort Error?
Here is a list of warning signs that tells you that you are facing QuickBooks Abort Error. They are as follows:
- First of all, your PC suddenly crashes.
- QB stopped working.
- Your system freezes at regular intervals.
- Or your computer shuts down without displaying any error message.
- QB accounting software closed down.
How Can I Resolve QuickBooks Abort Error?
Although QuickBooks Abort Error can be fixed in just 5 ways. By following these ways, this connection error could be resolved easily. And you can continue your work on QB.
1. Update QB to the latest release version
- Firstly, visit the Download and Update page.
- Click on the Select Product, then select your QB product.
- Now choose the suitable version of the year from the Select Version menu.
- Then click on the Search option.
- Next, select Get the latest updates.
- After that, click on Save to download the update.
- Once the download finishes, double-click to install the update.
2. Install and execute QuickBooks File Doctor
- From the QB tool hub, choose the Company File Issues >> Run QuickBooks File Doctor. It can take up to one minute for the file doctor to open.
- In QuickBooks File Doctor, select your company file from the drop-down menu.
- If you are unable to see your file, then select Browse to locate your file.
- Click on the Continue option after selecting Check your file.
- Now type your QB admin password and then move further.
3. Execute QB install diagnostic tool
- First of all, you have to download the QB install diagnostic tool.
- Once this tool is downloaded then execute it to verify and repair damaged Windows elements.
- Again start your system and access the QB desktop version.
- It will fix your issue within a few minutes.
4. Again give a name to QBWUSER.INI files
- First, search the folder where the QBWUSER.ini file is saved.
- If you can’t find it, then enable the hidden files.
- Select Rename to again name the file, by right-clicking on the file or folder.
- Modify the name of the file by linking .old at the end of the file name.
- After that, alter the name of .ecml file.
- When the names of the above files modify, then open a sample company file.
- If you can’t access it, then copy and paste it to another local folder.
5. Weaken your Antivirus and firewall for a short span
- Firstly, weaken your Windows firewall and the antivirus installed on your system.
- Next, restart your system.
- Access the QB desktop.
- If the error persists, go to the next step.
From the above statements, it is clear that QuickBooks Abort Error is a connection error. However, it arises when you have done any modifications to your bookkeeping software. Due to this abort error, you can’t do your work on the software. The above 5 ways will fix QuickBook’s abort error within a few minutes. If you still need any help, contact our QuickBooks Support experts.