Intuit made QuickBooks Conversion Tool is free of cost software application. It helps in moving the data files from another program to QuickBooks. However, it also promises integrity and security while moving the files. QuickBooks data conversion tool helps to shift the business information, account information, and transaction details from other business management software. Its executable file is QBConversionTool.exe. In this blog, you will learn its features, pros, and cons, etc. If you are a beginner and want to know how to use this instrument. Then you have to follow these steps and easily shift the business data within a few minutes. If you still need any help then you can dial our QuickBooks Phone Number. And get instant support from our Intuit certified experts.
Characteristics of the QuickBooks Data Conversion Tool
Here is a list of characteristics of the QuickBooks data conversion tool. They are as follows:
- Firstly, it promotes integrity that is while moving files data remains the same.
- Shift your data from the New QB organization file.
- Your surviving data file remains unchanged.
- Made a log file to generate the conversion method to keep your records.
- Tells you the present condition of your business.
- It also supports a method to convert QB files.
- Ensure security while shifting the data.
- Enhance your business data from the company files.
Pros and Cons of QuickBooks data conversion tool
- First of all, change a large number of files easily.
- Quickly convert the data without changing the data.
- You can shift lists, transactions, and much more.
- Error details can be verified by log files.
- Assure security while shifting the data.
- While conversion, current files cannot be changed.
- Data move easily to QB desktop.
- For conversion, it needs the social security number.
- Cannot change Payroll items.
- Can’t modify the individual employee wages.
- Restrictions while shifting data from different bookkeeping software to QB.
- QB data conversion tool can’t change the purchase orders, job costing, and paychecks.
- During this process, it wants QuickBooks general ledger information.
Basic System Requirements
There are some basic system requirements for running this conversion instrument. The system requirements for QuickBooks data conversion tool are as follows:
- It supports operating systems such as Windows 10, 8.1, 8.
- A minimum 500 MHz Intel Pentium II Processor is needed.
- 512 MB RAM is required(minimum).
- 2.5 GB of free disk space is recommended.
- Version 2.0 of the MS.Net framework is needed.
- Your system should have QB desktop versions like QB Pro, Premier, Enterprise or higher.
- For Sage 50, Version 2013 or above is needed.
Hence, these are the requirements that are generally needed for running this QB data conversion tool. So if you have these requirements then you can run this tool.
Names of lists that can be imported into QB
- Account Lists
- Account balances
- Customer Lists
- Employee lists
- Item Lists
- Open invoices and bills
- Vendor Lists
Steps to use QuickBooks Data Conversion Tool
Before converting Sage file 50 to QB, you should keep several things in your mind. They are as follows:
- Firstly, you should be using the Sage version 2013 and above.
- Verify that your Sage 50 and QB Desktop should be locally installed on the same PC.
- Ensure that your QB database and Sage 50’s linked files are stored in your system’s hard drive.
Here is a list of steps to change Sage 50 files to QB with the help of QB conversion tool like:
1. Give access to Sage50
- First of all, open Sage 50 and the file you want to change.
- Under the main menu, click on Maintain.
- Then choose Users >> Setup Security.
- Now click on the Data Access tab.
- Enter the following login information.
- Note that you can’t change Peachtree in the ID field.
- After that click on Change and set a password.
- Then, select OK.
- Close it.
2. Uninstall this conversion instrument
First, you should uninstall all old installed conversion tools. To uninstall it, follow these steps such as:
- Hold Windows + E keys to open the File Explorer.
- Now, enter QB*Conversion in the search menu.
- Remove all the folders that appear.
If the QB data conversion tool is not installed yet on your computer, move to the next step.
3. Download and execute the data conversion tool
- Firstly, download and install the QuickBooks data conversion tool.
- Then right-click on the conversion tool icon.
- Now also choose Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab, and then Run compatibility troubleshooter.
- After that also choose to Try recommended settings.
- It will by default select Windows 8 as OS.
- Then select Test the program.
- It will open the QB Desktop Conversion Tool window.
4. Convert/Change the file
- First of all Select Browse.
- Then, the 32-bit ODBC engine DSN Setup window opens.
- Also, select your Sage company file from the Database Name dropdown.
- Click on OK.
- Type the data access password that you have created in the above steps.
- After that, click on Next.
- Choose the QB version you are changing to.
- Browse to search the folder to save the converted file.
- Click on the Next option.
- The default save location is My Documents folder.
- Now choose the Convert File option.
- The QB Application Certificate window opens.
- Give access, then select Yes, when notified each time.
- Next, click on Continue.
- Log into your Intuit account.
- Another QB Application Certificate window opens.
- Also, repeat the previous steps.
- Your company files now start to convert.
- When it is done, select Open in QB.
5. Check the conversion
You should double-check the log file to check that everything is copied correctly. Follow these steps to check the conversion such as:
- First, hold Windows + E keys to open the File Explorer.
- Also visit C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Desktop Conversion Tool.
- Again check the failed transaction file for missing details.
Since QuickBooks data conversion tool is a chargeless software program. It is used to move the data files from other programs to QB. However, by following these steps, you can effectively use this conversion instrument. If you have any queries, call at our QuickBooks Online Phone Number.