Quickbooks Database Server Manager, designed by Intuit, enables you to share your company files with other systems over your network. QBDBSM also allows you to monitor your multi-user network. Due to the QB Database Server Manager, multiple users can work on a similar QB company file at the same time. It also helps in generating a network data file(.ND) for any company file on the host system.
Why it is needed?
If you are working on the multiple versions of QuickBooks accounting software, there is a need to download the QB Database Server Manager. As QB Database Server Manager generates the network data files(.ND) for each company file located on the host server. Therefore, it is required to download this tool.
How to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
If you want to install the QB Database Server Manager, you have to follow some steps such as:
- Firstly, close all the open programs on your server system such as QB.
- Open the install file you downloaded that is Setup_QuickBooks.exe.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen to find your product or license numbers.
- Select Custom or Network Options, click on Next.
- Choose the best alternative for your network setup and then click on Next.
- After completing the onscreen instructions. Click on Install.
How to open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
If you want to start QB Database Server Manager, then follow the steps such as:
- Navigate to File menu, select Open company file.
- Click on the Next option.
- Find your company file and click on it.
- Choose the Open company file in the multi-user environment checkbox.
- Now click on Next.
After following these steps, you can easily open the QB Database Server Manager.
How to update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
However, there is no need to update the QB Database Server Manager manually because it updates automatically when you update QB desktop. But if you want to perform the update process manually, then follow these steps such as:
- First, visit the Intuit official website in order to download the updated patch for QB Database Server Manager.
- When patch installation completes, reboot your server(necessary).
- When the server update is over, “Company files need to be updated to work with this QB Desktop version” this message appears on the screen.
- There will be an alert to produce a backup(necessary).
- Follow all the instructions carefully until the backup is completed.
When To Use It?
1. Scan your folder feature
Before sharing your files, you are required to scan the folders holding them. These folders need to scan only once.
- On your server system, firstly, open the Windows Start menu.
- Type “Database” into the search and select open QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Navigate to the Scan Folders tab.
- Click on the Browse option. Then choose the folders that hold your company files.
- Select OK after you are completed.
- After this, choose the Start Scan.
When the scan completes, the folders display in the “QuickBooks company files found” section. You can easily access the company files in these folders from other systems on your network.
2. Track your drives
After scanning folders, choose the drive to monitor these folders. As these drives hold these folders show up in the Monitored Drives tab. In this way, there is no need to rescan the folders if you change or move the company files in them.
- Firstly, navigate to the Monitored Drives tab.
- Only choose those drives that hold your company files.
3. Manage QB database server manager
- The System tab informs you where the Database Server Manager is installed on your system.
- The Database Server tab provides you the real-time status of the QBDBSM tool and who is connected to it.
How to restart it?
If you are unable to open the QB Database Server Manager or see an error, restart it on your server system. To restart, follow the steps such as:
1. If you installed QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Database Server Manager:
- Firstly, open QuickBooks Desktop on your host system.
- Navigate to the File menu >> Open or Restore the company file.
- Choose and Open your company file.
- Select the Open file in a multi-user environment, then click Open.
- Log in to your company file.
- From the File menu, select Close Company/Log off.
- Open the Windows Start menu, type “Database” to open the QB Database Server Manager.
If everything is correct, you’re ready to start. If you still face any error message, follow the steps
2. If you only installed Database Server Manager:
- Go to the Windows Start menu, open Control Panel.
- Choose and open Administrative Tools.
- Then select Services from the list.
- Right-click the QuickBooksDBXX service and then click Restart.
- If QB Database Server Manager doesn’t restart, again restart your server system. Then follow these steps again.
How to uninstall QBDBSM?
If you are not using the multi-user mode, you can easily uninstall the QB Database Server Manager. To uninstall it, follow these steps:
- Firstly, open Program and Features.
- Select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click on the Uninstall or Change appear at the top of the window.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully to uninstall the QBDBSM.
In a nutshell, we can say that the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is a tool to index all the QuickBooks company files in a directory to monitor. QB Database Server Manager is very helpful when you are using multiple versions of QuickBooks. If you have any doubts, regarding QBDBSM or need any support, dial our QuickBooks Phone Number.