QuickBooks Desktop Error 404 is a runtime error or we can say that it is an update error. This error displays on the screen even when QuickBooks is running. QuickBooks Error 404 occurs due to failure in Internet connection. This error is shown on the screen when you are trying to open QuickBooks. You may see that QuickBooks error 404 arises in various operating systems such as Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 2000. If you need any assistance then dial our QuickBooks Phone Number at any time. Our highly-skilled experts are capable of solving all your issues. So feel free to contact us.
Scenario Of QuickBooks Desktop Error 404
Here is a list of the different scenarios of QuickBooks Desktop Error 404. They are as follows:
- Error 404: Pages not found
- QuickBooks Desktop Error 404.
- Runtime error 404.
- QB Update Error 404.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Desktop Error 404
Generally, QuickBooks error 404 may be due to incomplete installation of QuickBooks. Sometimes, it may appear while updating QB. However, if there is any malware attack then also QB error 404 appears on the screen. Due to error 404, QB system files may get deleted by malicious programs. Windows registry in your system may also get corrupted due to this error.
Due to QB error 404, the system window crashes down. Your system window runs and responds slowly to various inputs given to the system through mouse and keyboard. QB error 404 is continuously displaying on the screen. Sometimes it might be annoying as it pops up all the time, due to which you can not do your work on QB. However, this error also arises if you are trying to open the files that are not located on the server. This error also happens when the URL is not altered, the web pages have been banned.
How to fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 404?
If you are facing QuickBooks error 404, then there is no need to get worried. By following the given below steps, you can eradicate this error within a few minutes. To fix QB error 404, follow these steps such as:
Modify Internet Settings
- First of all, open Internet Explorer, and then select Tools.
- Now click on Internet options.
- From the Security tab, select Trusted Sites.
- Add *intuit.com and *quickbooks.com.
- Choose the Close option and press OK.
- Log out from the system files and close QB.
- Again open QB, and then reopen system files.
Update QuickBooks to the latest release
- Firstly, you have to close both your organization files and QB.
- From the Start menu, right-click on Run as administrator.
- Now from the Help menu, choose Update QB Desktop.
- Then select Mark All from the Options tab.
- Click on the Save option.
- Choose the Reset Update checkbox.
- Click on Get Updates.
- When the update is done, close QB.
- And again reopen QB desktop.
- Click on Yes in order to install the updates.
- When it is completed, then restart your system.
In order to resolve this issue, firstly you have to check and modify your Internet settings. After that open QuickBooks in a private browser. After opening QB in a private browser then there are 2 ways in which you can solve this update error. They are as follows:
- Altogether click on the Windows key and +R key.
- Choose QB and then click on Repair.
- When the repair completes, check that the issue has been resolved or not.
Configure Your PC Settings Again
- First of all, open QB and the organization file.
- Then check out the QB and organization file.
- After updating the windows, again start your system.
- From Internet Explorer, select Internet options.
- Click on the Advanced button, then search for settings.
- Now close all the programs.
- After that click on Windows+ R key altogether.
- Type MSConfig and then click on OK.
- Under the configuration setting, select General.
- Click on the Selective Startup and select OK.
- Now again start your system.
QuickBooks desktop error 404 is the common update error that occurs even when you are working on the accounting software. By following the above steps you can resolve this error in a few minutes. If you are still unable to fix it, then dial our toll-free QuickBooks Online Phone Number and get instant solutions from the Intuit certified experts.