QuickBooks is a flexible accounting software that is used by millions of companies all across the globe. However, this business management software which allows users to manage accounts for small and mid-sized businesses. Yet this software is available for Mac users also. All this makes the accounting process easier, and faster. QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2020 includes several features like automatic reminders in the calendar, automatic contacts syncing, etc in the Mac Operating system. If you are a beginner and don’t know how to set up and install QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. Then by following the steps, you can easily set up and install QB Desktop for Mac. If in case, you need any help then feel free to contact our QuickBooks Support experts. They will provide instant support to all the customers.
Steps to install and set up QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2020
To install and set up QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2020, you have to follow some steps like:
1. Ensure that QB Desktop for Mac meets the system requirements
First of all, ensure that your QB Desktop for Mac 2020 met the following system requirements such as:
Basic system requirements
- First, MacOS 10.14 (Mojave).
- Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor.
- Or Multi-user Server.
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM suggested).
- Disk space of 250 MB available.
- CD/DVD drive or Internet connection for installation.
- Macintosh-compatible printer.
- It is best to use Intuit Checks if you plan to print checks.
- Product registration is also required.
- If the product requirements mentioned above do not specify an operating system, hardware, software, firewall, or antivirus. Since it has not been tested yet. So, Intuit can not promise to deliver a tension-free experience.
- When you experience problems outside of the supported environment. Then technical support will be limited to standard troubleshooting. Although if they are not fixed, then the program should be returned to a supported environment for additional support.
- Microsoft no longer supports the above-mentioned products, then neither shall Intuit.
2. Find your license and product numbers
- Firstly, download a digital copy. The email confirmation should contain the license and product number. If you haven’t received the confirmation email you may locate the license number.
- Or you can buy a physical copy. Find the scratch-off label on the packaging. After that, scratch the label to find your license and product number.
3. Download and install QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
- First, to install it, either you can download QB Desktop for Mac 2020 or you can also use the CD installer.
- Although if you are trying to download the installer and are facing any problem. In that case, you may need to clear the browser’s cache and cookies. Or you can use a different browser.
- Now, close all the running applications.
- Double-click on the downloaded installer or insert the disc into the Mac CD drive.
- The QuickBooks installation window automatically opens up.
- Move the QuickBooks icon to the Applications folder. This will open the Application window.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks icon to open it.
4. Upgrade/Convert your company file
If you have upgraded from an older version of QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2020. Next, you need to update your company file to work in the newer version. In order to do this, you have to follow some simple steps such as:
- Open your company file in the newer version.
- When QuickBooks prompts you to update or convert the company file, select Upgrade.
- After receiving a prompt message, then select OK.
- Check your balances, reports, and accounts to ensure the correct company file is converted.
5. Set up the multi-user
Although if you have a license for more than one user, then you can set up QuickBooks in multi-user mode. It ensures that all the users can access the file at the same time.
- First of all, you have to open the Multiuser folder.
- Now move the QuickBooks Server icon to the Applications folder.
- And also add the User-added image.
- Whenever you are prompted, then select Authenticate to modify the Applications folder. And then enter the Admin username and password.
- Launch QuickBooks and open your company file.
- From the File menu, then select Enable Multi-user Mode to share your company file.
In the end
With the help of the above steps, you can easily install and set up the QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2020. Although if you have any doubts, then you can dial our QuickBooks Online Phone Number and get answers for all your queries.