QuickBooks accounting software is used to handle day to day financial activities of the organization. Nowadays, millions of people are using this bookkeeping software to make accounting tasks easier and faster. Due to some technical faults, QuickBooks does not open which hampers your normal workflow. Sometimes this problem will be quite frustrating for you as it will not allow you to work smoothly. But don’t panic. This blog will summarize all the troubleshooting steps that will help you to fix QuickBooks does not open problem. If you still have any doubts then feel free to contact our experts by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Phone Number. Our Intuit certified experts will provide reliable solutions without any delay.
What are the reasons behind this issue?
The main reason behind QuickBooks does not open is that you have hit the QuickBooks Desktop icon multiple times. Although this problem occurs because it does not get sufficient time to load the application. So, it is highly recommended to give some time to load the application before you start. Other possible reasons are as follows:
- First, you are using a damaged Windows Operating System.
- Maybe your company file name is too long.
- Besides it, there is corruption in your hard drive.
- Missing QBWUSER.INI files.
- The broken installation file is another cause due to which QuickBooks won’t open.
However, if these reasons are known earlier then it will become easier to fix this problem. For any queries, contact our highly-experienced QuickBooks Online Support experts.
How to fix QuickBooks does not open?
QuickBooks does not open is an issue that does not allow you to work on this financial management software. If the root cause is known, then you can clearly get an idea of how to solve QB does not open issues. If you are unable to start QB then follow these steps such as:
1. Update QB to the latest release
If you want to update QB to the latest release then follow these steps like:
- First of all, click on the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the Update Now tab, mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- Click on Get Updates to start the downloading process.
- When the download is over, then again start QB.
2. Execute Quick Fix my program from QB Tool Hub
- Firstly, you should download and install the QB Tool Hub.
- Now open tool hub, and then click on Program Problems.
- Choose Quick Fix my program option.
- After that open QB Desktop and your data file.
3. Use the QB Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks install diagnostic tool will help you to fix the QuickBooks does not start issue. This tool will help you in diagnosing the issues that you face while installing QB Desktop software.
4. Repair Windows components
If you want to repair Windows components, then follow these steps such as:
- First of all, close all the running programs.
- Then ensure that you have made a backup of your company file.
- Open Control Panel, and then select Program and Features.
- Select QB and then choose Uninstall/ Change option.
- Then select the Repair option and wait for it to finish.
- Once it is over, then hit the Finish icon.
- Again start QuickBooks and you are able to start it.
5. Install QB Desktop in Selective Startup mode
- First, hold Windows+R keys to access the Run command.
- And then type MSConfig.
- Under the General tab, choose Selective startup and Load system services.
- Visit the Services tab, and then select Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Hit the Disable all option.
- Uncheck the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Verify that the Windows Installer checkbox is selected from the list of services.
- Restart QB On the System Configuration window.
6. Do a clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly, uninstall QB.
- Open the Start menu, and then click on File Explorer.
- Search and open the folder that holds your QuickBooks company files.
- Right-click on the selected folder and rename it.
- Add the word “old” at the end of the folder name.
- If you add old then it prevents QB to open while reinstalling it.
- Again install QB Desktop on your system.
In the end
QuickBooks does not open is a problem that will stop you from working on the QuickBooks bookkeeping software. If you know the reason why this problem happens then you can fix it. To resolve this issue, follow the above-stated troubleshooting steps. These steps will make you work smoothly on this software.