QuickBooks Error 15215 generally occurs while downloading the Payroll updates. When this error arises, you are unable to verify the digital signature. Although the Update Error happens due to a conflict with another application that is running in the background. However, when you try to download a payroll update, it is quite common that you may face QuickBooks update error 15215. Maybe the running application could demand a lot of bandwidth, which stops QuickBooks Desktop Payroll while making a connection to the server. Sometimes incorrect firewall setting blocks QB Desktop Payroll from connecting to the update server. But don’t worry. This blog will help you to overcome QB error 15215 by following some steps. If you are still unable to fix this error, then contact our QuickBooks Support experts. They will guide you with instant solutions within a very little time.
Error message pops on the screen
When the update error 15215 happens, the following error messages pop on the screen. Here is a list of the popular error message given below:
QB Error 15215: Digital signature cannot be verified or authorized.
Error 15215: Cannot download the Payroll Update.
Error 15215: Server not responding.
List of popular errors while downloading payroll updates
Here is a list of popular errors that happens mostly while downloading the Payroll updates. They are: QB Error 15214, 15215, 15217, 15218, 15221, 15222, 15223, 15224, 15225, 15226. These errors stop you from authorizing the digital signature. Need instant help, then dial our QuickBooks Payroll Phone Number.
QuickBooks Error 15215 is caused due to
Although there are many reasons behind QuickBooks Error 15215. They are as follows:
- First, there may be damaged Windows system files.
- Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.
- Or your digital signature is not updated.
QuickBooks Error 15215 can be fixed by
Before fixing these errors, you should ensure that you are using the latest version of Internet Explorer. If not, then it is highly recommended to install the latest version of Internet Explorer. After installing the latest version, follow these steps to fix QB error 15215 such as:
First of all, restart your PC. Restarting the PC can force an application that stops QB Desktop Payroll to close. Or change its settings to release a blocked connection. However, it will correct this issue. But you still continue to get update error 15215, then double-check the programs that could cause the conflict.
Manually retitle the installation folders
- Firstly, uninstall QB.
- From the Start menu, click on File Explorer.
- Then search and open the folder that contains your company files.
- Right-click the folder to rename it.
- Add the word “old” at the end of the folder name.
- After that, again install QB Desktop.
However, if you still get an access error message while retitling the folder. Then follow these steps such as
- First of all, right-click the Windows Task Bar to open it.
- Then visit the Processes tab.
- Choose the Name column header to sort the list.
- After selecting the following processes and then close processes for each file.
- Click on Yes option after seeing the warning. WARNING: Terminating a process can cause undesired results.
Change the IE settings
- Firstly, you have to open Internet Explorer
- Click on the gear icon and choose Internet Options.
- Go to the Security tab and then click on Trusted Sites.
- Click the Site and add *.quickbooks.com, *.intuit.com.
- After that close it and then click on the Apply option.
Run QB as an admin
- Close the QB Desktop.
- Then right-click on the QB desktop icon.
- And select Run as an admin.
- If you get the message to make changes to your PC then select Yes option.
- Open Internet Explorer >> Gear icon >> Internet options.
- Under the Advanced tab, go to Security and find Use TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2.
- Verify that Use TLS 1.0 is unchecked
- Choose the Apply option. Then retry the update.
- If you still receive the error, then uninstall and install QB desktop in Selective Startup, and again try to update.
These instant fixes will solve your QuickBooks Error 15215 or other Payroll update errors like 15214, 15217, etc.
QuickBooks Error 15215 is a popular error that you may face while downloading the Payroll updates. These troubleshooting steps will help you to get rid of the QB update error in a few minutes. And you can easily verify the digital signature without any difficulty.