QuickBooks Error Code 6190 816 is amongst the most common errors that arise while running QB in a multi-user mode on the Linux server. However, this error occurs because the company file does not match with the transaction log. It also means that QB accounting software was not able to access the file on the system. Or we can say that it was unable to open the file. In that case, you cannot use this bookkeeping software. If you want instant technical support to fix this error then dial our toll-free QuickBooks Phone Number. Our highly-skilled experts will deliver quick solutions to resolve this issue.
The error message that displays on the screen
Error messages that will be shown on the screen are as follows:
“Error Code 6190 816 occurs when QB attempts to access the company file”.
“QuickBooks was not able to open the path file name on the host”.
Although this error message clearly indicates that there is some problem with your multi-user network. Not with your accounting data so don’t worry.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code 6190 816
Here is a list of three main reasons behind QuickBooks Error Code 6190 816 such as:
- First, the mismatch between transact log file and company file.
- Second, trying to update transaction files without updating the company file.
- Third, a damaged or corrupt company file.
- Fourth, another user is opening the company file in a single-user mode.
Although there are many symptoms of this error code 6190 816. Some of the most common symptoms are as follows:
- Firstly, your PC freezes frequently.
- Your system Windows crashes.
- Window responds late to the information sources.
- This error occurs when trying to access a company file.
Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6190 816
To resolve QuickBooks Error 6190 816, below are some easy techniques such as:
Way 1:- If you are opening the company file locally
Update QB and rename company file
Facing the QB error code 6190 and 816, then ensure that the QB software is updated with the latest version release. You have to follow some steps such as:
- Firstly, close your company file, and then close QB.
- Right-click on the QB Desktop icon and select Run as administrator.
- On the “No Company Open” screen, navigate to the Help menu
- And choose Update QB.
- From the Options tab, select Mark All.
- Then click on Save.
- Go to the Update Now tab, and then mark the Reset Update box.
- Select Get Updates option.
- When the update completes, close QB.
- Again open QB.
- Choose ‘Yes’ if you get the message to install the update.
- Restart your system, when the installation is done,
You can rename the file through the following steps:
- First, open the company folder.
- The transaction log file and company file will have the same name but different extensions.
- Right-click on the company file and then select the “Rename” option. Enter any new name or simply add “-OLD” at the end of the name.
- Rename the transaction log file without removing the extension.
- Exit the system.
- Then reopen QB and try to login to the company file.
Open a sample company file
- In the No Company Open window, click on Open a Sample File.
- And then choose any sample file from the list.
- If the sample file opens, proceed further.
- If the sample file returns the same error message, then repair your QB installation files.
Copy the QB files on the desktop
- First, you have to open the company file folder.
- Right-click on the file with .qbw extension and choose Copy option.
- Then visit Desktop, right-click anywhere on the desktop to paste it.
- Hold the Ctrl key, to open the No Company Open window.
- Next, you have to restore an existing company.
- Go to the desktop and open the copied company file.
Again store the backup
1. Ensure that your PC is not hosting. Follow some steps such as:
- Open the company file >> File menu >> Utilities.
- Click on Yes option to enable the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
2. Verify that your company file path is not more than 210 characters long.
- Visit the location of your company file.
- Click on Copy option to copy the path from the address bar.
- Then paste it on your notepad.
- And count the character including the spaces
3. Again try to store the company file.
Way 2:- You are opening the file over the network
Ensure that hosting is turned off
- Press F2 to open the Product Information window.
- Find the Local Server Information.
- Hosting should be turned off.
Retitle .ND and .TLG files
Follow the above steps to retitle the.ND and.TLG files. The above steps will tell you how to rename the QB files.
Execute QB Database Server Manager
- First of all, from the QB tools hub, choose Network Issues >> QB Database Server Manager.
- Inside the QBDSM >> Start Scan.
- If you don’t find it, then search the location of your company file and click Start Scan.
- Again open QB and try to sign in to your company file.
Open the company file locally
- Open the folder that contains your file.
- Search the .qbw extension file.
- Right-click on the file, to copy it.
- Go to the desktop and then paste it.
- Click on Ctrl key, to open QB >> No Company Open window.
- Select restore an existing company.
- Navigate to the desktop, access the copied company file.
In a nutshell, we can say that QuickBooks Error Code 6190 816 is an error that generally occurs when another user is logged into the company file in a single user mode. Due to which you are unable to access the company file. By following the above techniques, you can easily get rid of this error. If the error still persists, then immediately contact our certified QuickBooks Support executives.