QuickBooks is the most widely used accounting software. Despite being the excellent bookkeeping software, it is used by vast people across the globe. Sometimes the users face various errors such as QuickBooks Error Code 80070057. This error occurs when the QB accountant creates the company file, and you are trying to open up the same company file and it does not open. The QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 also indicates that the accountant does not have sufficient rights to read, write, create, and delete the company file. It displays an error message that the company file was created in the previous version. If you don’t have time and want instant solutions to fix this error then dial our toll-free QuickBooks Phone Number.
Error Messages Pops On The Screen
- Error code 80070057: “There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks”.
- 80070057 Error: “The parameter is incorrect” and “You do not have enough rights to delete the files”.
- QB Error 80070057: “The parameter is incorrect. There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QB with the company file”.
Causes Behind This Error
There are various reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 80070057 such as:
- First, the user tries to open the company file.
- Damaged QB.
- Detects file damage at the time of installation.
- Changed company file extensions.
- The third-party Firewall is not configured.
- Opening a portable file without opening the QB.
- Certain blocked ports.
- Incorrect internet safety settings.
- QB home window crashes.
- Slow response time.
- The system freezes frequently.
- Unable to delete the company files.
Manual resolutions for QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Method-1: Rename.ND file
- First of all, browse to the location of your company file.
- Second, search for the.ND file of your company file.
- Right-click on the.ND file, and then select Rename.
- Enter in .old at the end of the file name.
Method-2: Run QB Database Server Manager
- Download the QB Tool Hub.
- From the QB tool hub, select Network Issues.
- Then choose the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- From the QB Database Server Manager, click Start Scan if your company file folder is displayed.
- If they are not displayed, then browse to the location of your company file and then choose the Start Scan.
- Now click on the Close option.
Resolve QuickBooks Error 80070057 In Just 5 Ways
If you are facing QuickBooks Error 80070057 when trying to open your company file, then follow these steps to get rid of this error:
Solution 1: Correctly open your company file
If you are correctly opening the company file, you may avoid getting this error by following these steps such as:
- Firstly, open the QB Desktop.
- Then select the company file you want to open.
Solution 2: Update QB to the latest release version
- First of all, navigate to the Help menu and then select Update QB.
- Then go to the Update Now tab.
- Select Get Updates.
- When the download completes, restart QB.
- When the message appears on the screen, accept the option to install the new release.
Solution 3: With admin rights run QB
- Close QB Desktop.
- Then right-click on the QB icon.
- Select Run as administrator.
- If the company file did not open automatically, then select the company file, and click Open.
Solution 4: Move company file to the default location
- Firstly, close QB.
- Now search the location of the company file.
- Right-click on the company file, and then select Copy.
- Then browse to the default location, right-click on the file, and select Paste. Location.
- Again open QB, then choose to Find a company file.
- Click on Local Drives, then search the company file name.
- Choose the correct company file, then click Open.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
Before running a QB File Doctor, you should download and install it. After installing it, then run QuickBooks File Doctor by following some steps such as:
- From the QB tool hub, select the Company File Issues tab.
- Choose Run QB File Doctor.
- In QB File Doctor, select your company file from the drop-down menu.
- If you don’t see the company file, choose Browse and search to locate the file.
- Click Check your file and then select Continue.
- Now enter your QB admin password
- Then click Next.
Although QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 indicates that “the parameter is incorrect” when you are trying to open the company files. It also means that the user doesn’t have sufficient rights to access the company file. By following the above troubleshooting solutions, you can fix this error. But if you are still unable to fix it, then contact our QuickBooks Support executives.