QuickBooks Error H202 switching to multi-user mode generally occurs when a QB user tries to access a QuickBooks company file located on another system, and her copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server on that system. However, QuickBooks error code h202 usually occurs if QB is trying to establish a connection to the company file but they are not able to do so because of several reasons. This error disturbs the normal functioning of the QuickBooks accounting software.
QuickBooks Error H202 Switching To Multi-User Mode Displays Message:
Many customers have reported that while attempting to open a QB file in a multi-user environment they were confronted with the alert: “You are trying to open a company file that is placed on another system and QuickBooks needs some help partner”. If you are still facing any problems, you are free to contact us on QuickBooks Phone Number.
Why Does It Happen?
QuickBooks error H202 switching to multi-user mode could occur due to several software specifications and functionalities set up incorrectly or due to a missing file. Here is a list of some possible reasons due to which QB error code H202 occur such as:
- Damaged DNS settings.
- Hosting configuration settings are not correct.
- A system firewall stopping incoming and outgoing communication.
- Unable to locate the IP Address of the server.
- Damaged QB Database Server Manager.
- QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor(QuickBooks services) are not working properly.
Fix QuickBooks Error H202 Switching To Multi-User Mode Problem
Although there are various solutions to fix QuickBooks Error H202. In order to fix this error, implement the solutions in the following order:
Set up QuickBooks Database Server Manager
There are 2 approaches to set up QuickBooks Database Server Manager such as:
- The Full Program mode: Install the full version of QuickBooks Desktop and Database Server Manager on your server system.
- The Server Only mode: Install Database Server Manager on your server system.
1. Analyze Network Connectivity
- First of all, open QB on all the systems networked for using QB.
- Navigate to the File menu and select Utilities.
- Click on the Windows key and type This PC on the hosting system.
- Double-click on the Network option and ping all the workstations.
- Ping the QB Server from the system in which the error code H202 occurs.
- Ping[System Name] and then press Enter in the command prompt.
2. Install and run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly, install and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Scan the QB Company file folder.
- Note down the IP address displayed on the when the tool runs.
- Check the ports which have the Open Ports button in the firewall section.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
- Try to open the company file in the system where QB error H202 occurs.
3. Verify the services on your server
- Firstly, from the Windows Start menu click on the Run option.
- Now enter the services.msc into the Run window.
- Then double-click on the QuickBooksDBXX(XX denotes your QB version).
- Click on Automatic for the Startup Type.
- Verify that the Service status is either Running or Started.
- Select Start if it is not started.
- Select the Recovery >> Restart the Service from the drop-down menu.
- Click on OK option to apply the changes.
- Repeat these steps for QBCFMonitorService.
- When it completes, open QB on each workstation.
- Now, click on the File menu >> Switch to Multi-user Mode.
- If everything opens correctly, then the issue is fixed.
4. Add QB Server to the Windows host file
- Open the windows hosts file on the system wherein the error is occurring, with the help of Notepad (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\).
- Place the insertion point after the last IP address and type the server’s IP address.
- Press the TAB key once, and type the server name.
- From the File menu, select Save. Then, click on Exit.
- Now try to open the QB company file.
4. Configure QB Database Server Manager
- Click on Windows Run dialog and type services.msc.
- Then right-click on the QB versions and choose Stop.
- Right-click and then select Start. Then close the window.
- Also, show extensions for the known file types.
- Right-click the Windows Start button and choose Explore >> Tools >> Folder Options.
- Click on the View tab and clear ‘Hide extensions’ for the “known file types” box.
- Again select the View tab and select Show hidden files and folders.
- Clear the ‘Hide protected operating system files’ box.
- Click ‘Yes’ on the warning and select OK.
- Close Windows Explorer.
5. Rename.ND file
- In Windows search, type *.ND and press Enter.
- Right-click on the.ND file in the result window, and then delete itit.
- After the deletion is done, now click the Windows Start button.
- Select All Programs >> QuickBooks >> QB Database Server Manager
- Choose “Scan Folder”.
- After clicking on the “Add Folder”’ button navigate to the company file folder.
- Select the company file and click the OK button.
- Then press ‘Scan’ to start the scanning process.
- After the scan completes, then close it.
In The End
Although QuickBooks Error H202 switching to multi-user mode can hamper the working functionalities of the QuickBooks software. However, with the help of correct solutions and methods, QB error H202 fix easily. If you are still not able to resolve QB error H202 or facing any other difficulties, then you are also free to talk to our highly-skilled and experienced professionals. They are available 24/7 to provide help to you. Dial our toll-free QuickBooks Online Phone Number to solve all your QB related problems.