QuickBooks is a business accounting software, developed and marketed by Intuit, that helps millions of businesses fundamentally manage monthly payroll and tax filings. Sometimes, users may encounter any issues or errors. These errors will stop you from working on this accounting application. One such type of error is QuickBooks has stopped working or freezes. However, it is a common error faced while accessing QuickBooks accounting software. But, there is no need to get worried. In this blog, you will get all the troubleshooting steps to overcome this error. If you are still unable to fix QuickBooks has stopped working error then you may contact our QuickBooks Support experts. Our Intuit certified experts will guide you on how to eradicate this error within a very little time. You can call us at any time as our experts are working 24/7 to provide assistance to you.
QuickBooks has stopped working error occurs due to:
Before eliminating the error, it is required to know what are the reasons due to which this error is occurring. If the reason is known, then you can easily fix this error. Although there are many reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks has stopped working error. It may happen due to several reasons such as:
- First of all, you are using a corrupt Windows Operating System.
- Maybe you have been using the company file whose name is too large.
- Then, there is a damaged hard drive.
- QB installation files have been broken down.
- QBWUSER.INI file have been lost.
- Inadequate system resources.
- Firstly, you have to close the QB accounting tool. In order to close it, you have to follow some steps like:
- First, click on the Windows Start menu.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys altogether to open the Task Manager.
- After that, click on QB and choose End Task to close it.
- Now, it has been closed down.
- Next, again start your system and again open the QuickBooks.
- You can also repair QB directly by implementing the following steps such as:
- Firstly, click on Control Panel.
- Select the Program and Features option.
- Click on QB and then choose the Uninstall option to uninstall it.
- Next, click on the Repair option to repair QB.
Resolve QuickBooks has stopped working error by:
If you want to resolve the QuickBooks has stopped working error, then you have to implement some steps. Hence, with the help of these troubleshooting steps, you can fix it easily and use QB efficiently. By applying any one of the listed steps, you can eliminate this error. The troubleshooting steps are as follows:
1. Execute QB Install Diagnostic Tool
Although the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool will detect and fix issues with QB automatically. This tool will resolve the QB has stopped working error within a few minutes.
2. Perform Clean Install
- First of all, open the QB Tool Hub, and then click on Installation Issues.
- Next, click on the Clean Install Tool and then choose your QB & Product version.
- If you receive any prompt to install then click OK to install it.
- When it is over, now you are ready to again install QuickBooks Desktop.
3. Make a New Admin User Account
Hence, make a new admin user account and then access your company file with the help of this new account.
4. Retitle QBWUSER.INI File
- First, you have to open the folder where you have saved the file.
- Retitle the QBWUSER.INI file by right-clicking on it.
- Now add .old at the end of the file name.
- Retitle the .ecml file and then again open QB Desktop.
- If the program opens with the retitled file names then open the sample file.
By following any one of the above-stated steps, QuickBooks has stopped working error can be fixed without any difficulty. All these steps are helpful in getting rid of this error, but you have to implement these steps carefully. Only then it will fix QB have stopped responding problem.
In the end
In a nutshell, we can say that QuickBooks has stopped working is a temporary error that will stop you from doing working on QB. If you apply the above steps, then surely you can overcome this type of error. If the problem still persists, then you can contact our expert technicians by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Online Phone Number. They will suggest reliable solutions to get rid of this error.