Although QuickBooks is an accounting software that is used to handle day to day financial activities. But sometimes you see that QuickBooks is unable to back up the company file. It can be a major problem as the financial data is the basic building block of the organization. Back up is created in order to prevent the data from accidental loss. However, it is advisable to create back up at frequent intervals. So you don’t have to face any problem in the future. In this blog, we will tell you what are the reasons behind it. And how you can overcome this type of problem so that your financial data will remain safe with you. The following error message will be displayed on the screen such as “QuickBooks is unable to back up the company file ”. And suddenly the system shuts down.
It happens due to
There are many reasons behind QuickBooks is unable to back up the company file. It happens due to a hardware fault or due to virus infection. Although it also occurs due to damaged network files. Or in spite of moving the network file, you have moved the data file while upgrading. Other reasons are as follows:
- First, your QB company file is more than 65 characters.
- The company file starts with.ADR extension.
- Maybe the size of the company file must be larger than 3 MB.
- Backing up data on an external drive.
- A long path to company file is not recommended.
Several errors appear when backing up the company file
While backing up data, several errors might appear due to which QuickBooks is unable to back up the company file. They are as follows:
- Error H101, H202, H303, and H505.
- QB unrecoverable errors.
- QuickBooks Error Code 6190 816.
- Install Error 3371.
- QB Error Code 6189.
These errors will stop you to back up the company file. But don’t worry at all. You can also contact our QuickBooks Support experts. They will tell you how to get rid of these types of errors. Our Intuit certified experts work 24/7 to provide help to you. You are free to consult your QuickBooks related problems with our experts at any time.
Fix QuickBooks Is Unable To Back Up The Company File Problem
By taking several preventive measures, you can get rid of QuickBooks is unable to back up the company file problem. They are as follows:
Run Rebuild Data Tool
- Firstly, visit the File menu >> Utilities >> Rebuild Data.
- Click on OK option on the QuickBooks Information window.
- Step by step follows all the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Then run the rebuild data tool to repair your file.
- When the repair completes, move further.
- Again open the File menu >> Utilities >> Verify Data.
- Then the rebuild data tool checks your company file.
- If QB doesn’t find any problems, you can keep using your company file.
- Which means that you do not have any data damage.
If this does not solve your problem, then move to the next step.
Fix it with QB File Doctor
- First of all, download and install the QB tool hub.
- Then open the QB tool hub, and then click on the Company File Issues tab.
- Click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Open QB File Doctor, and then choose your company file from the drop-down.
- If you can’t see your company file, then select Browse to search for it.
- Click on Check your file and then continue further.
- Now log in with your QB admin password.
- Once the scan completes, open QB and your company file.
Repair Company File Manually
Before repairing the company file, make sure that you have already created the back up of your company file. If you are a new user and want to create a back up of company files then you should follow these steps like:
- First o all, you should open QB.
- Then select the File >> Switch to Single-user Mode.
- Again select the File >> Back up Company >> Create Local Backup.
- After selecting the Local Backup, click on Browse.
- After that choose the place to save your backup company file.
- Also, set the number of backups you want to keep.
- When it is over, select Save it now and move further.
By following the above steps, you can easily create the back up of your company file. After creating the backup, you have to follow some steps to repair your company file manually. They are as follows:
- From the File menu, choose Utilities, and then select Verify Data.
- Now make the tool check your file for data issues.
- From the Verify Results screen, click on Expand All to see the errors.
- Choose See Online Article to fix the error.
- If the error doesn’t have an article, then contact the support team for help.
In the end
If QuickBooks is unable to back up the company file, then by following the above steps you can fix it. If you are still unable to get rid of this error. In that case, just dial our QuickBooks Online Phone Number and get instant support. They will provide you with solutions to resolve QB is unable to back up the company file problem.