QuickBooks is the best accounting tool for all the users as it makes the accounting tasks easier. QuickBooks is used to generate invoices, estimates, and increase tax deductions. However, there is a need to scan the documents, then QuickBooks Scan Manager is very helpful. If you are a beginner and don’t know how to set up QuickBooks Scan Manager, then don’t worry. This blog will be very useful to you. This blog will assist you in installing this scanner to your system. If you still have any doubts, then ask those doubts by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Phone Number. Our Intuit certified experts will deliver instant answers to all your doubts. So, feel free to contact us. We are always ready to help you. Now take a look at what is QuickBooks Scan Manager and how to install it to your system.
What is QuickBooks Scan Manager?
QuickBooks Scan Manager is a popular scanner that is used to scan documents. And after scanning, attach these documents to your bills, sales receipts, and invoices. This scanner automatically generates invoices, packing slips, and balance sheet updates. Although if you are not good at accounting, then don’t panic. You can easily install the scanner in your system by following some steps. In addition to this, it is easy to use and makes scanning faster.
How to install QB Scan Manager to your system?
If you want to install QuickBooks Scan Manager to your system, then you have to implement some steps. But before setting up this scanner, you must be using TWAIN Compliant Scanner. Because this scanner is compatible with QB Scan Manager. To install this scanner, follow these steps such as:
1. Make your scan ID
- First of all, go to the Company menu, and then select Documents.
- Then click on the Document Center and choose to Scan a document option.
- Now click on New option to make a new ID.
- If you have already an existing scan ID then edit the name of your ID.
- Next, adjust the ID settings and then save it.
2. Install and test your scanner
- First, you have to highlight your scan ID.
- Under the Select Scanner window, click on Scanner Setup Wizard.
- Click on the Normal Mode and check the Perform Tests box.
- After that, choose the test you want to run, then select Next twice to start testing your scanner.
- Check the Repeat this test in order to check all modes box.
- And choose the Next option to continue testing in other available modes.
After following the above steps, the QuickBooks Scan Manager is successfully installed in your system. Next, have a look at how to scan and add the files to the invoices. Now you are ready to start this scanner for scanning documents. To attach a file, then select the Attach File button on any transaction. And it will attach the files to the invoices, bills, etc.
What are the lists that can be scanned with this scanner?
Here is a list that can be scanned with the help of QuickBooks Scan Manager given below:
- Sales Orders
- Sales Receipts
- Refunds & Credits
- Purchase Orders
- Item Receipts
- Write Checks
- Inventory transfers
How to fix QuickBooks Scan Manager not working issue?
If you are encountering QB Scan Manager not working issue, then don’t panic. However, you can easily overcome this scanning issue. If you use these steps then you can scan your documents or files easily. These steps are as follows:
1. Unable to find the TWAIN Driver
- Firstly, verify that you are using a TWAIN-compliant scanner.
- After that test your scanner outside of QB to ensure its working.
- If it is not working, then contact the scanner manufacturer or an IT expert technician to fix it.
2. Fix QB Error Code 281,1
- First of all, you have to delete your scan ID and create a new ID.
- Make sure to modify the Windows account settings.
- Next, repair QB. Then follow these steps to repair it like:
- Firstly, you have to back up your company file.
- Again start your PC.
- From the Start menu, click on the select Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features option, and then click on Uninstall a Program.
- Now select QB from the list, and click on Change.
- And select the Repair option.
- Once it is over, choose the Finish option.
- Update your QB to the latest release for the latest security updates.
- Do a clean install and reinstall QuickBooks Scan Manager.
In the end
In a nutshell, we can say that QuickBooks Scan Manager is a common scanner tool. That helps in scanning the files and documents. Use TWAIN Compliant Scanner as it is compatible with QB Scan Manager. If the scanning problem still persists, then contact our QuickBooks Online Support experts.