Although, QuickBooks is excellent accounting software that is generally used to keep the record of day to day company transactions. Sometimes, it faces some errors like QuickBooks Script Error Code 0. QuickBooks Script Error Code 0 is a type of Internet Explorer Error. This error usually occurs when QB is trying to open a web page and an error message arises. This error message indicates that the command can’t be executed due to some program issues. It denotes a failure connection to Internet Explorer. If you want instant solutions to fix this error then dial our toll-free QuickBooks Phone Number. When Script Error in QB occurs, a window pops-up showing that:
“The script of this page can’t open”
Possible Causes For QuickBooks Script Error Code 0
Here is a list of the main causes of Script Error In QuickBooks given below:
- Firstly, a corrupted cache of Internet Browsers.
- Changes in the Internet Explorer settings.
- Using a previously existing account name and number.
- Malware in the system.
- Blocked processing functions.
- Damaged QB data file.
- Java and Visual Basic scripts also contain installation errors.
- Incompatible script software format.
- The firewall or another 3rd party program stopping the functions of the script.
- Trying to import an account that usually does not exist.
- The import account does not match with the current assets.
- Incorrect installation and uninstallation of QB software.
- Damaged user Windows.
- Script software is damaged or failed.
- Script debugging option is enabled.
Although there are many symptoms that you can see when QuickBooks Script Error appears such as:
- First of all, the slow performance of your system.
- Issues while signing in to your QB account.
- Timed out error displays when opening the QB account.
- While trying to check-in, the Windows freezes.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix QuickBooks Script Error Code 0
Step-1:- Set Internet Explorer as the default browser
It is quite common that QB Desktop mostly uses Internet Explorer to open and display most of its windows. In order to ensure that it won’t occur again, you can also try to configure Internet Explorer (IE). Before that, check that Internet Explorer is set as your default browser.
Then, follow these steps to configure Internet Explorer such as:
- First, open your Internet Explorer.
- From the Command prompt, select Tools >> Internet Options.
- Under the Security tab, click on Trusted Sites >> Sites.
- Click on the Add option, to add this website to the zone field.
- In the Trusted sites, then uncheck Require server verification.
- Now close the Trusted sites window, and again uncheck Enable Protected Mode.
- After that, close the browser.
Step-2:- Clear Internet Explorer data
- Firstly, open Internet Explorer >> Tools >> Internet options.
- Then visit the general tab, click on the Delete option.
- Mark checks at all the options such as cookies, history & temporary internet files.
- Click on the Follow option to move further
Step-3:- Add Intuit as a trusted site
- Go to the Security tab, choose the Trusted sites zone >> Sites button.
- Click on Add option to add it to the zone field.
- Select the Custom Level button.
- From the Miscellaneous category, enable the Access data sources across domains
- Click on Apply option to close the Internet Options window.
- From the File menu, select Close Company >> Exit.
- Again open QB Desktop and your company file.
Step-4:- Update QB to the latest release
There are two ways to update QB to the latest release. The first way is Automatic Updates and the second way is Manual Updates. Both the ways are explained step by step, by which you can update QB. They are as follows:
- Under the Help menu, click on Update QB Desktop.
- Visit the Update Now tab, choose to Get Updates
- When the download completes, again start QB.
- When notified, then accept the install option to install the new release.
- First, download the latest updates.
- Then close your company files and QB.
- Go to the Start menu, then right-click on QB Desktop icon >> Run as admin.
- While on the No Company Open screen, click on Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the Options tab, click on Mark All.
- Go to the Update Now tab >> Reset Update checkbox >> Get Updates.
- When the update finishes, close and reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the Yes option to install the updates.
- When the install finishes, again start your PC.
In a nutshell, we can say that QuickBooks Script Error Code 0 is a common type of Internet Explorer. It occurs in all the QB versions maybe it is a Desktop version or Online version. By following the above troubleshooting solutions, you can easily resolve the script error. If in case, you need any help, then you can also contact our highly-skilled and certified QuickBooks Online Support experts.