Although QuickBooks is user-friendly accounting software, due to a technical issue. It can display QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error when opening the QB Desktop File on a workstation. This error also informs that QuickBooks is facing a “serious application fault”. Generally, these unrecoverable errors show different error codes with each error code containing a “5 digit space 5 digits” sequence. QuickBooks’ unrecoverable error may also occur due to missing windows, computer issues, and damaged data. If you are unable to fix these errors after trying many times, you can dial our toll-free QuickBooks Phone Number and get instant solutions from our highly-skilled expert technicians.
QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error With Their Codes
Here is a list of some of the common Unrecoverable Errors along with the codes that may come with it. Common QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error is as follows:
- 00000 15204
- 00000 14775
- 00227 55008
- 00551 46274
- 02457 79428
- 13730 84631
- 13824 75582
- 15563 13890
- 19758 63847
- 20103 33023
Causes Of QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error When Opening QB Desktop File On A Workstation
QB unrecoverable error when opening a QB desktop on a workstation may occur due to the following causes such as
- First, there may be missing Windows.
- QuickBooks updates
- Damage to your information
- Computer issues
- When program code needs repairing
Conditions in which QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Code Occurs
- While generating a portable company file.
- Sending a payroll through direct deposit.
- While saving the transaction.
- During rebuild.
- Using an open previous company feature.
- Attempting to open a company file.
- Closing a company file.
- Amidst downloading a payroll update.
- While closing an open window in a company file.
- Creating a backup.
Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error When Opening QB Desktop File On Workstation
Step-1 Analyze how many users are affected
First of all, analyze how many users are affected by using different login credentials to access the same company file. If the error only occurs in one specific user it means that credentials might be damaged. In this situation, recreate the damaged user.
When a regular user is damaged
- Firstly, go to the Company menu, choose Set Up Users and Passwords > Set Up Users.
- Enterprise users navigate to the Company menu, and select Users > Set Up Users and Roles.
- Click on Add User, then enter the username and password. Click Next.
- Customize the user as required, then select Finish.
- In the File menu, then click on Close Company/Logoff.
- Log-in to the company file with the help of the new login credentials.
When the Admin user is damaged
If the admin user is damaged then firstly you should download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub. This tool assists you in fixing common errors. QB needs to be closed while using the tool hub. From the QuickBooks Tools Hub, run the QuickBooks File Doctor to fix the errors.
Step-2 Suppress QuickBooks Desktop
Before starting QuickBooks, suppress the Desktop:
- First of all, press and hold the Ctrl key.
- Double-click on the QB icon.
- Now hold the Ctrl key until the No Company Open window displays.
Before opening a company file, you should suppress the Desktop:
- Select the required company file from the No Company Open window.
- Now press and hold the Alt key, then click Open.
- If you are asked for your login credentials, release the Alt key, then enter your user name and password. If you are not asked, then don’t release the Alt key.
- After pressing and holding the Alt key, then select OK. Don’t release the Alt key until your company file is completely open.
Step-3 Open a sample company file
- Firstly, go to the No Company Open window, and click on Open a sample file.
- Then select any sample file on the list.
If the sample file opens, your company file may be damaged or the folder where the company file is saved is damaged. Try to copy the company file to a different location. For copying it to different location follow these steps:
- Right-click anywhere on your Desktop, then select New > Folder. Name the folder as QBTEST.
- Now open the folder where the company file is stored.
- Right-click the file, then select Copy.
- Now paste it in the QBTEST folder that you have created.
- Open the company file from the QBTEST folder.
If the problem persists, restore the backup through Auto Data Recovery.
Step-4 Troubleshoot QB Desktop Application
- First of all, repair the QB desktop.
- From the QB Tools Hub, select the Installation Issues and then QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- In the QB Tools Hub, choose Clean Install Tool.
Step-5 Generate a new Windows Administrator
For Windows 10:
- Firstly, go to the Start menu, then choose Settings > Accounts > Family & Other Users.
- From Other Users, then select Add someone else to this PC.
- Now click on “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information”, then Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Then enter the name of the new account, and select Finish.
- Choose the newly created account, then choose Account Type.
- Click on Administrator, then press OK.
For Windows 8.1
- Press Windows+R to open the Run window.
- Click on the Control Panel, then select OK.
- Select User Accounts > Manage another account > Other accounts > Add an account.
- Now, Sign in without a Microsoft account, then click on Local account.
- Type the username, password, and password hint, then select Next.
- From the Manage Other Accounts, select the newly created account, then Edit.
- By default, the new user is set to the standard user.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the Administrator.
- Then select OK.
For Windows 7 and 8
- Firstly, press Windows+R to open the Run window.
- Click on the Control Panel, then choose OK.
- Now select User Accounts, then Manage another account.
- Choose to Create a new account, then enter the name of the new account.
- Then select Administrator, and click on Create Account.
For Windows Server 2012
- First of all Open Server Manager.
- Select Tools, then click on Computer Management.
- Expand Local Users and Groups, then choose Groups.
- Double-click on the Administrator Groups to open the Administrator Properties window.
- Now, click on the Add button.
- In the Select Users, Computers, Service Accounts, or Groups window, type the account you want to add to the local admin groups and click OK.
In short, QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error when opening QuickBooks Desktop file on a workstation appears when you are trying to open the company file. It also occurs when you click on the print, save, and ship icon appearing at the top of the transaction. By following the above troubleshooting steps, you can easily fix these errors. If you are still facing any issues, then contact our QuickBooks Support professionals for getting instant support.