It is already known that QuickBooks accounting software is excellent software for performing accounting activities. There is no doubt that this software makes your tedious work easier and simpler. Although, you can easily move all the necessary details to and from QB. However, with this software, you can change, upgrade, or generate a new organization document whenever required by you. Several things can be exported such as your reports, journal entries, customer, and vendor lists. But if you are facing QuickBooks won’t export to Excel problems then it can be quite frustrating. But don’t worry, in this blog all the troubleshooting steps are mentioned with which you can overcome this issue. You can also dial our toll-free QuickBooks Online Phone Number and get quick solutions from our Intuit Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
Points To Remember When Exporting Data
Before exporting data, there are some points that should keep in mind. These essential points will be very helpful to you. So, let’s have a look towards these important points like:
- First of all, ensure that you should have created a backup. Although you cannot undo the import and export details.
- Then you should go through the import and expert questions. So, it is better to get in touch with your accountant before importing data.
- You can also visit the Intuit marketplace to view the applications that support you in importing and exporting data.
Ways To Export Data To Excel
Although there are two ways to export your data from QB to Excel. The first is from the Customers page, and the second is from the Reports page. However, both of these ways will give different results. It may also affect the data you are exporting to Excel.
However, you can export your data such as name, company, location, email address, currency, phone number, and customer type from the Customer page. Then you have to follow some steps like:
- Firstly, go to the Sales menu, then select Customers option.
- Click on the Export icon to export data.
- Then click on the Export to Excel option. This will export your data to Excel.
For exporting data from the Reports page, you can customize the client’s details that you want to export to Excel. This is more beneficial if you want the facility to customize the data.
- First, from the left menu, click on Reports.
- Then visit the Sales and Customers section.
- Choose the Customer Contact List.
- Under Rows/Columns drop-down, click on Change columns option.
- Now you can add your desired columns, then choose Run report.
- Select Save customization at the upper right.(optional)
- Click on the Export icon, and then select Export to Excel.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Won’t Export To Excel
The symptoms of QuickBooks won’t export to Excel are as follows:
- First, the Windows file registry is not responding in a proper way.
- Corrupted Microsoft Excel.
- Your QB is not updated to the latest release.
- Technical glitches in the QB software.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix QuickBooks Won’t Export To Excel Issue
However, if you have MS Excel installed on your system but you are facing the QuickBooks won’t export to Excel issue. Then don’t worry. Here is a list of all the troubleshooting steps that will help you in fixing this issue. They are as follows:
1. Update QuickBooks to the latest release
First of all, verify that your QB version is updated to the latest release.
- When the update is done, open QB and export a report:
- Under the Reports menu, now open any report on the list.
- Then choose the Excel button. For exporting all export options, including Excel.
2. Repair QuickBooks
- First of all, restart your PC.
- From the Start menu, then click on the Control Panel.
- If you are using Windows 10, then follow these steps like:
- Go to the Start menu, click on Search.
- Enter in the Control Panel.
- From the results, choose the Control Panel.
- Now select Programs and Features.
- If it is important, click on Uninstall a program.
- After that select QB in the list of programs >> Uninstall/Change.
- Next, click on the Continue option.
- Now, click on Repair, and then click on the Next option.
- Wait until the Repair process finishes.
- After that, click on Finish.
- Once it is done, restart your PC to ensure that everything is up to date and repaired.
3. Switch Windows User Account Controls
However, you can switch your Windows User Account Control settings on and off. This feature will reset everything this is blocking the export feature. If you are using Windows 7, 8, and 10, then carefully fully these steps like:
- Firstly, open the Windows Start menu.
- Click on the User Account Control Settings into the search to open it.
- Choose and move the toggler to Never Notify.
- Again start your PC.
4. Again Install QB
MS Office and Excel should be installed on your PC before you install QB. If you did not install MS Office first, then uninstall and again install QB Desktop. When it is completed, then go back to QB and export a report. If you are still unable to solve QuickBooks won’t export to Excel issue, then contact our QuickBooks Support team.
In The End
In a nutshell, we can say that QuickBooks won’t export to Excel is not a big problem. By following the above troubleshooting steps, you can overcome this issue within a few minutes. For seeking instant help, then contact our Intuit certified experts.