QuickBooks is a bookkeeping software that is used to manage the daily financial activities of the organization. If you want to Update QuickBooks, then read this blog. It will make the updating process easier for you. Although there is a huge difference between update and upgrade. However, the update does not contain additional features. The main objective of the update is to resolve technical faults to the program. While an upgrade is done to make the changes in the features. Like adding new features and enhancing its features. There are two ways to Update QuickBooks automatically or manually. If you turn on Automatic Updates, QB automatically downloads and installs the latest updates release. Or if you decide to do updates by yourself, verify for updates at least once in a month. If you still having any queries then you may contact our QuickBooks Support experts.
You can easily view which latest update release you have
Intuit releases new updates every year so that you can use the QB software to enjoy the latest features. If you want to know which latest update you have then you have to perform some steps such as:
- First of all, access QB.
- Click the F2 key or hold Ctrl+1 keys to launch the Product Information window.
- Ensure your latest version and release.
For any guidance, call at our QuickBooks Online Phone Number. Our Intuit certified experts will guide you with the best ways in very little time.
The Layout To Update QuickBooks Automatically
- Firstly, visit the Help menu.
- Then choose Update QB Desktop.
- Visit the Update Now tab.
- You can also choose the Reset Update check box to erase all old update downloads.
- Click on Get Updates to begin the download process.
- When the download is over, again start QB.
- After that, you are notified with an alert, then accept the option.
- Now the installation process starts to install the new release.
If you don’t want to download updates now, then you can schedule them to download it in the future.
- First, from the Help menu, choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Under the Options tab, select YES to automatically turn on updates.
- If you want to share automatic downloads with other systems on your network, then select Yes for each system.
- Next, close it.
QB will automatically download updates whenever they are released.
The Layout To Update QuickBooks Manually
However, you can also manually update the latest version of QB by performing these steps such as:
- First, download the latest updates.
- Close your organization documents and QB.
- From the Windows Start menu, find QB desktop.
- Then right-click on the QB desktop icon and select Run as administrator option.
- While on the No Company Open screen, visit the Help menu.
- And select the Update QB Desktop option.
- Under the Options tab, select Mark All and then click on Save.
- Now from the Update Now tab and click on Reset Update checkbox.
- When you are ready, choose the Get Updates option.
- When the update is over, close and again open QB Desktop.
- To install the updates, click on Yes.
- When the install completes, again start your system.
Steps to get an Update QuickBooks from the Internet
Although, you can also download particular updates directly from the Intuit official website. Here is a list of all the steps to get an update from the Internet. They are as follows:
- First of all, you should visit the Download and Update page.
- Choose your country from the Country dropdown.
- Select your product from the Product menu.
- Next, select your product version from the drop-down menu.
- Select Find and click on Get Updates.
- Save the downloaded file somewhere that is easy to search.
- When the download completes, open that file to install the update.
- After the installation, again start your system.
- To manually install updates across your network, access the install file on your system from another system.
- Or you can copy it to a flash drive and move it to other systems.
In the end
Although you can easily update QuickBooks as Intuit releases new versions every year. In order to add new features and improving old features of QB products. The above steps will help you to update the latest version of QB, both automatically and manually. By following the above steps, you can update QB in a much simpler way.